WASHINGTON, D.C. - 2016 - Fulton Homes was recognized for the second year in a row as an Indoor airPLUS Leader for their strong commitment to building homes with improved indoor air quality. Fulton Homes is committed to building 100% of their homes to Indoor airPLUS. They take full advantage of the marketing and sales resources provided by the program, including training their sales team using the Indoor airPLUS Sales Training Kit. Fulton Homes has also been an ENERGY STAR
Partner of the Year award winner the past two years. Fulton Homes is one of only a handful of homebuilders around the country to be recognized as an Indoor airPLUS leader, and to be recognized two years in a row highlights the depth of their commitment.
FULTON HOMES announces that all new homes built after June 1, 2014 will be certified as EPA Indoor airPLUS
Indoor airPLUS is a companion label to ENERGY STAR for Homes certification. Together, these programs provide comprehensive health protections. Fulton Homes uses a variety of construction practices and technologies to achieve the Indoor airPLUS label and reduce indoor air pollutants and improve the indoor air quality in your new home.
Indoor airPLUS has these advantages:
- Moisture Control
- Moisture leads to mold and other biological pollutants that can cause health problems.
- With ENERGY STAR and Indoor airPLUS, builders use a variety of moisture control features designed to minimize these risks, including improved control of condensation and better roof, wall and foundation drainage.
- Radon Control
- Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive, invisible, and odorless gas and is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- Indoor airPLUS specifications include radon-resistant construction techniques (in areas with high radon potential).
- Pest Management
- Residue from pests, such as rodents and cockroaches, can trigger allergy and asthma attacks.
- With ENERGY STAR and Indoor airPLUS, builders seal, caulk or screen where pests may enter a home.
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- Poorly designed and installed HVAC systems can lead to comfort problems and reduce indoor air quality.
- ENERGY STAR with Indoor airPLUS includes properly engineered systems, improved duct and equipment installation, improved filtration, and whole-house and spot ventilation to dilute and remove indoor air pollutants. Builders also inspect air-handling equipment and ductwork to ensure they are clean and free of debris and provide adequate air flow.
- Building Materials
- The types of materials that builders choose and the way they manage them during construction can improve a home’s indoor air quality.
- Indoor airPLUS Specifications reduce the sources of pollutants inside the home by protecting materials stored on-site from weather damage, using materials with less chemicals, and ventilating the home prior to move-in.
- Homeowner Education
- Educating homeowners on maintaining their Indoor airPLUS homes is key to good indoor air quality.
- Indoor airPLUS homeowners receive a checklist of verified indoor air quality features, and instructions for operating and maintaining equipment to continue minimizing risks of indoor air quality problems.
Use this calculator to quickly estimate your monthly payments. Feel free to change rate, term and down payment to suit your needs. Subsequent monthly payment calculations will be based on the rate, term and down payment you supply. For more detailed information about mortgage financing and to pre-qualify, please contact one of our Preferred Mortgage Lenders.
** Payment information represents simple principal and interest (P&I), and excludes taxes, insurance, PMI and HOA fees. Contact a Fulton Homes sales agent to discover exactly how a new Fulton Home will fit into your monthly budget.